We have demonstrated inverted staggered bottom-gate back-channel-passivated hydrogenated nanocrystalline-silicon thin-film transistors (TFTs) on colorless polyimide foil substrates. Their electrical performance and stability have been investigated under mechanical flexing. The electron field-effect mobilities and threshold voltages of these TFTs increased as the applied tensile strain increased, but their electrical stability deteriorated under mechanical strain.
- Mechanical strain
- Nanocrystalline silicon (nc-Si)
- Semiconductor device measurements
- Thin-film transistors (TFTs)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering